Congratulations to Peter, Huda, Noelle, Jorden and Siva for their publication of "New inhibitors for the BPTF bromodomain enabled by structural biology and biophysical assay development" to Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry. Their work highlights the cross-validation of inhibitor analysis for BPTF by using three different biophysical assays.
You can read more about their work by following this link.
Congratulations to the members of the Pomerantz lab for their hard work in publishing two new journal articles.
Anil, Steve, Jorden, Jennifer, and Danika all worked on developing an efficient way to synthesize thiazapanes for 3D fragment screening libraries. Their article, "Efficient Synthesis of 1,4-Thiazepanones and 1,4-Thiazepanes as 3D Fragments for Screening Libraries" was published to Organic Letters. The full paper can be found here.
Congratulations to Zach, Logan, and Samantha for winning three departmental scholarships for academic and research excellence. We appreciate their hard work, and the wonderful mentorship from Prakriti, Huarui, and Noelle. Their awards and recognition can be seen here.
Zach earned the Dr. Paul F. and Patricia Guehler Chemistry Scholarship, which is awarded to a chemistry major who has shown outstanding academic achievement.
Congratulations to Anand for earning the Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship. It is a competitive fellowship that will support his final track on completing his dissertation.
Congratulations to Amani for his publication, "Multidimensional Nanoparticle Characterization Through Ion Mobility-Mass Spectrometry" to Analytical Chemistry in collaboration with the Hogan Lab.
The publication can be found here.
Congratulations to Caroline for her excellent and scholarly presentation on"Covalent KRAS G12C Inhibitors: Targeting the Elusive Oncoprotein, KRAS" during the medicinal chemistry seminar today. She is another step closer to completing her preliminary doctoral candidacy work.
The Pomerantz lab welcomes Kayla Vinh to the lab as our newest member. Kayla is a medicinal chemist who is interested in working on our new alpha/beta unsaturated ester approach to make macrocyclic peptides. She previously earned her Bachelors of Science degree in Chemistry, with a minor in mathematics, from the University of Central Arkansas. Fun facts about Kayla: she can play the piano and violin, and in her spare time she likes to sew stuffed animals.
Congratulations to Zach for earning an undergraduate research fellowship for next spring. Zach is currently working with Huarui Cui to make BRD4 inhibitors.
The Pomerantz lab has recently published three papers to scientific journals, as well as, a chapter in a scientific book. These are wonderful additions in our scientific story to utilize chemical biology to investigate small fragment inhibitors, bromodomains, and the epigenetic code.
Dr. Peter Ycas successfully defended his dissertation, "Biophysical Methods to Study Bromodomain Interactions and 19F NMR Analysis of p300/CBP KIX Domain Complexes," on November 13th, 2019. In addition to his scholarly work, he was also part of our first crop of teaching assistants to help establish the Chemical Biology lab, 4423W. Dr. Ycas will be departing shortly to head out to Boulder, Colorado as he finishes up his final paper for Pomerantz lab.
Congratulations to Anand for earning the Bighley graduate fellowship along with two other awardees. The fellowship recognizes excellence in students conducting research in laboratories with an emphasis on collaborative and interdisciplinary work.
Congratulations to Jorden for the Tony B. Academic Travel Award to attend the Society of Laboratory Automation and Screening 2020 Conference in San Diego. The Tony B. Academic Travel Award is a competative travel award offered both nationally and internationally. Through the SLAS Tony B.
Congratulations to Amani Lee for earning the Institute for Engineering in Medicine (IEM) doctoral fellowship. The fellowship, which is available only to students of IEM members, includes a $25,000 stipend plus $2,500 for professional development.
In addition, Amani tied for 2nd place for the Best Student Poster-Awards, in the category "Frontier and Emerging Areas", at the IEM Annual Conference. There were 27 poster presenters in that category.
This summer the Pomerantz Lab mentored several undergraduate students and one high school student. All the students showed their capability and eagerness to work at the interface of chemistry and biology. This highlight showcases the students from outside institutions.
The Early Career Board, including our own Prof. Pomerantz, from ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters chose their most influential articles for the 10th year anniversary of ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters.
Carlson, A.S.; Cui, H.; Divakaran, A.; Johnson, J.A.; Brunner, R.M.; Pomerantz, W.C.K.; Topczewski J.J. ACS. Med. Chem. Lett. 2019, pp. 1296-1301
Congratulations to Noelle for her recent acceptance on the Biotechnology Training Grant, which will support her BPTF research for the next two years.
Congratulations to Jiaquian for passing his preliminary exams in June and becoming a Chemistry PhD Candidate. Also, congratulations to Caroline for passing her Medicinal Chemistry written exam!
Congratulations to Danika on her UROP award to support her research on developing new ligands for bromodomain interactions.
Also, congratulations to Caroline on an NSF graduate research fellowship honorable mention. Both are excellent accomplishments!
The Pomerantz lab welcomes Caroline Buccholz to the group. Caroline is a medicinal chemist who is intersted in working on the PHD domain of an epigenetic regulating protein. She earned her Bachelors of Science at Iowa State University and desires to work in industry after obtaining her degrees at the University of Minnesota. A fun fact about Caroline: she loves reading, so much that she has earned awards for the number of books she has read.
Congratulations to Dr. Kirberger, Peter Ycas, Jorden Johnson, Huda Zida, and Dr. Urick for publishing their paper, "Selectivity, ligand deconstruction, and cellular activity analysis of a BPTF bromodomain inhibitor" to Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry!!
Congratulations to Dr. Steve Kirberger, who successfully defended his dissertation research this week, "Development of peptide-based 19F MRI agents and BPTF-bromodomain inhibitors". We are proud to have Steve as both a BS and PhD alumn of the Chemistry Department.
Congratulations to Anand and Huarui, as well as past members, Dr. Siva Talluri, Dr. Neeraj Mishra, and Alex Ayoub, on the acceptance of their paper, Molecular Basis for the N-Terminal Bromodomain and Extra Terminal (BET) Family Selectivity of a Dual Kinase-Bromodomain Inhibitor to J. Med. Chem!
Dr. Pomerantz has been promoted from assistant professor to associate professor with tenure by the University of Minnesota Board of Regents! Congratulations to Dr. Pomerantz and lab members who have shown hard work and great dedication.
Congratulations to Dr. Pomerantz for being named a McKnight Presidential Fellow by the University of Minnesota. This prestigious fellowship is only awarded to five University professors annually. Great appreciation to the many lab members who's work contributed to the accomplishments and recognition of the Pomerantz Lab.
Congratulations to Amani Lee on winning the Academic-Leadership Collegiate Scholarship, granted by the State of Iowa Black Belt Association (SIBBA) - this award recognizes Amani's leadership and academic merit!
C.T. Gee, K.E. Arntson, E.J. Koleski, R.L. Staebell, W.C.K. Pomerantz. ChemBioChem, 2018, 19 (9), 963-969.
- May 18th, 2018 - Congratulations to Huarui for passing her oral exam and earning Ph.D candidate status!
- May 10th, 2018 - Dr. Pomerantz has been promoted from assistant professor to associate professor with tenure by the University of Minnesota Board of Regents! Congratulations to Dr. Pomerantz and lab members who have shown hard work and great dedication.
- April 3rd, 2018 - Dr. Pomerantz has been named a McKnight Presidential Fellow by the University of Minnesota. This prestigious fellowship is only awarded to five University professors annually. Great appreciation to the many lab members who's work contributed to the accomplishments and recognition of the Pomerantz Lab.
- March 20th, 2018 -Congratulations to Amani on winning the Academic-Leadership Collegiate Scholarship, granted by the State of Iowa Black Belt Association (SIBBA) - this award recognizes Amani's leadership and academic merit!
- March 12th, 2018 - Congratulations to Dr. Clifford Gee, Keith Arntson, Ed Koleski, Racheal Staebell, and Dr. Pomerantz for their paper, "Dual Labeling of the CBP/p300 KIX domain for 19F NMR leads to identification of a new small molecule binding site", being designate "very important paper" status by ChemBioChem!
- January 28th, 2018 - Congratulations to Dr. Clifford Gee, Keith Arntson, Ed Koleski, and Racheal Staebell on the acceptance of their paper, Dual Labeling of the CBP/p300 KIX domain for 19F NMR leads to identification of a new small molecule binding site, to ChemBioChem!
- January 22nd, 2018 - Congratulations to Dr. Pomerantz for receiving the 2018 Guillermo E. Borja Career Development Awardfrom the College of Science and Engineering (CSE). This award is given to promising young CSE faculty members in recognition of their research and scholarly accomplishments during their probationary period as assistant professors. He is the first professor from the Department of Chemistry to receive this award, which comes with $3,000 for scholarly and research activities. Special thanks to all lab members for their significant contributions.
- January 5th, 2018 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes Dr. Anil Pandey as a new posdoctoral associate. He will be working on bromodomains and microcyclized peptides.
- November 20th, 2017 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes four new first year graduate students: Noelle Olson, Jiaquian Li, Prakiriti Karla, and Huda Zahid.
- October 23rd, 2017 - Congratulations to Dr. Pomerantz for a unanimous departmental tenure vote. Special thanks to past members who contributed to the Pomerantz lab's success. Also, the Pomerantz lab welcomes Caitlin Kruegger for her Medicinal Chemistry rotation.
- September 11th, 2017 - Congratulations to Dr. Brie Perell who successfully defended her PhD thesis today. Brie will be starting her postdoctoral research position at Amgen in October. Good luck Brie. We wish you many more successes! The Pomerantz lab also welcomes Samantha Kennelly while she works on peptides during her Medicinal Chemistry rotation.
- September 1st, 2017 - Congratulations to Amani on receiving the Chemistry Department's Excellence Fellowship. Also, congratulations and farewell to Dr. Siva Talluri as he moves to his new job in Indiana with Golars LLC.
- August 8th, 2017 - Congratulations to Anand for passing his oral exam and earning Ph.D candidate status!
- August 2nd, 2017 - Congratulations to Dr. Clifford Gee, who successfully defended his PhD thesis today. Clifford will be leaving at the end of the month to start a postdoctoral research position at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in the laboratory of Richard Lee. Many thanks to Clifford for his hard work in the lab as well as service to the department as our JST president.
- August 1st, 2017 - Congratulations to Brie, Peter, and Neeraj on the acceptance of their paper entitled Specific Acetylation Patterns of H2A.Z Form Transient Interactions with the BPTF Bromodomain to Biochemistry.
- July 10th, 2017 - Congratulations to Jorden for being accepted to the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory course on X-Ray Methods in Structural Biology! The course runs from October 16-31 and will be an immersive training experience.
- June 26th, 2017 - Congratulations to Anand for being accepted on the NIH Chemical Biology Interface Training Grant! He will be co-mentored by Dr. Dan Harki in the Medicinal Chemistry department.
- June 19th, 2017 - Congratulations to Brie, Rachel, and group alumnus Mehrdad on the acceptance of their paper on thioether-bridged peptide macrocycles to ChemBioChem!
- June 1st, 2017 - Steve's collaborative paper with the dos Santos lab was just featured on Science Daily! Check it out here.
- May 23rd, 2017 - Congratulations to Laura and Alex on the acceptance of their paper on BET Bromodomain inhibitors to J. Med. Chem.! This paper was hard earned. Great job!
- May 16th, 2017 - Congratulations to Jorden on being named as a trainee under the Biotechnology Training Grant. The grant will cover Jorden's research for the next two years as she further explores PrOF NMR and bromodomains.
- May 14th, 2017 - Congratulations to Amani and Clifford on the acceptance of their paper to the ACS Nano on oxygen sensing with perfluorocarbon-loaded ultraporous mesostructured silica nanoparticles.
- April 14th, 2017 - Congratulations to Clifford on the acceptance of his paper to the Journal of Chemical Education on protein quantification using smartphone colorimetry.
- March 30th, 2017 - Congratulations to Dr. Andrew Urick for successfully defending his dissertation research "Development of Protein-Observed Fluorine Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy as a Ligand Discovery Technique" Andrew will be leaving for Massachusetts to begin working as a senior scientist at Abbvie.
In addition to a very productive dissertation his significant service contributions to the biological chemistry community in the department through codeveloping the chemical biology bootcamp are highly appreciated. Best of luck Andrew!
- March 28th, 2017 - Congratulations to Steve and Sofi on the acceptance of their paper on intrinsically disordered fluorinated peptides for MRI to Angewandte Chemie. Great work!
- March 17th, 2017 - Did you miss the fifth annual International Chemical Biology Society (ICBS) meeting in Madison? Do you want to read up on some of the highlights? Check out the Meeting Proceedings paper that was just published online through ACS Chemical Biology and co-authored by Professor Pomerantz, Peter Ycas, two members from the Georg lab in Medicinal Chemistry, and two researchers from Japan.
- March 7th, 2017 - Professor Pomerantz has just been accepted as an affiliate member of the Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics (BMBB) department here at University of Minnesota!
- February 14th, 2017 - Professor Pomerantz has been featured in a profile on the American Association for Cancer Research website. Read more here
- February 9th, 2017 - Congratulations to Jorden for passing her oral exam and earning Ph.D. candidate status!
- February 1st, 2017 - Congratulations to Andrew who just accepted a position as a Senior Scientist at AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, Massachusetts! He will be starting this April and will be the first Pomerantz lab member to graduate with his Ph.D.
- January 27th, 2017 - Congratulations to Amani for passing his oral exam and earning Ph.D candidate status!
- January 13th, 2017 - Congratulations to Dr. Laura Hawk on her new job as an Assistant Professor of Chemistry at Grand Valley State University in Michigan starting this August!
- December 27th, 2016 - The Pomerantz lab has two exciting pieces of news to share. The first is that Dr. Dan Erlanson from Carmot Therapeutics has included both Keith's J. Med. Chem. review and our Nature Protocols paper in a recent post on the Practical Fragments blog. The second, and even more exciting piece of news is that we have received word that our NIGMS R01 grant on studying the role of BPTF effector domains in cancer has been accepted.
- October 24th, 2016 - Congratulations to Andrew for receiving the Tony B. Academic Travel Award for travel to the 2017 Society of Laboratory Automation and Screening conference, taking place February 4-8, 2017. He will be presenting a poster titled "Protein-Observed Fluorine NMR is a Complementary Ligand Discovery Method to Ligand-Observed NMR."
- September 28th, 2016 - Congratulations to Prof. Pomerantz for receiving the ICBS Young Chemical Biologist Award! He will be delivering a podium presentation during the Rising Stars of Chemical Biology session at the ICBS conference in Madison this October.
- September 13th, 2016 - Congratulations to Laura, Clifford and Andrew on acceptance of their recent paper on paramagnetic additives for PrOF NMR in RSC Advances!
- September 13th, 2016 - Congratulations to Andrew on acceptance of his recent collaborative paper with Eli Lilly in ACS. Chemical Biology!
- September 8th, 2016 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes Professor Scott Bur from Gustavus Adolphus College as a visiting researcher!
- September 1st, 2016 - Welcome to UMN to the first year graduate students! If any of you are interested in the Pomerantz lab, check out our group meeting schedule for meeting times and content.
- August 22nd, 2016 - Brie's Nature Chemical Biology collaboration paper with the Sachs lab is up online. Check it out when you have a chance! Oxidation increases the strength of the methionine-aromatic interaction
- August 1st, 2016 - Congratulations to Andrew for being awarded a travel grant from the Minnesota section of the American Chemical Society to help fund his attendance at the Fall ACS meeting in Philadelphia where he will be giving a talk titled "Dual screening using protein-observed fluorine NMR uncovers the first selective inhibitor for BPTF." If you will be at the ACS meeting you should check out both his talk (11:30-11:55, W, 8/24, Rm 114 - Pennsylvania Convention Center) and Laura's talk on Chemical biology approaches for inhibiting protein recognition of acetylated histones" (4:10-4:25, M, 8/22, Rm 103A - Pennsylvania Convention Center).
- July 24th, 2016 - Our Nature Protocols paper on Protein Observed Fluorine NMR has been published online.
- July 7th, 2016 - Congratulations to Amani for being awarded one of the CBITG Trainee slots and congratulations to Anand for passing his qualifying exams!
- June 7th, 2016 - Congratulations to Steve on his receipt of the "Beaker and Bunsen Award" for winning one of the departmental 3rd year talks! A job well done.
- May 30th, 2016 - Congratulations to Alex on winning a Sigma-Xi Grant-in-Aid award!
- May 24th, 2016 - Congratulations to Andrew on the acceptance of his collaborative Molecular Pharmaceutics paper with the Cramer lab!
- May 16th, 2016 - Congratulations to Brie on the acceptance of her collaborative Nature Chemical Biology paper with the Sachs lab!
- May 13th, 2016 - Many congratulations to Ed on his graduation. We will miss having him in the lab but are excited for where he goes next.
- May 9th, 2016 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes Erik Faber, a rotating M.D./Ph.D. student. Erik will be with us for a couple months working on some new protein targets.
- April 25th, 2016 - Congratulations to Andrew for being awarded a Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship!
- April 15th, 2016 - Congratulations to Clifford for being awarded a COGS travel grant! This grant will help fund his travel to the 2016 Bioorganic Chemistry Gordon Research Conference.
- March 29th, 2016 - Congratulations to Jorden for receiving an honorable mention for the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship!
- March 21st, 2016 - Congratulations to Laura for being awarded the WCC/Eli Lilly Travel Award from the ACS! Laura will be attending the 252nd National ACS meeting this fall in Philadelphia.
- March 3rd, 2016 - Congratulations to Peter passing his oral exam and obtaining Ph.D. candidacy!
- February 24th, 2016 - Congratulations to Prof. Pomerantz for being named one of 24 2016 Cottrell Scholars by the Research Corporation for Science Advancement! The proposal for this grant is titled "Fluorinated Peptides and Proteins for 19F MRI and Integrated Research Experiences in an Organic Chemistry Lab Course. Read more here on the departmental page.
- February 2nd, 2016 - Congratulations to Clifford for being awarded the Interdisciplinary Doctoral Fellowship! This fellowship will provide funding for the next year continue the collaboration with the Georg lab on the BrdT project.
- January 25th, 2016 - The Pomerantz lab is happy to welcome Anand Divakaran into the group as a first year student from Med Chem! Anand will be working on both the stabilized peptide project as well as a new PrOF project.
- January 15th, 2016 - Congratulationsi to Prof. Pomerantz for receiving one of the 2016-2018 McKnight Land-Grant awards, one of the top honors for assistant professors at the University of Minnesota!
- January 7th, 2016 - Keith's J. Med. Chem. review on PrOF NMR has been recommended in F1000Prime as being a paper of special significance. Congratulations and many thanks to Dr. Arora for the recommendation!
- December 4th, 2015 - Our paper describing Protein Observed Fluorine (PrOF) NMR has been accepted to Nature Protocols. Congratulations to everyone who contributed!
- November 24th, 2015 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes two new first year graduate students, Jorden Johnson and Amani Lee. Jorden will be working on the bromodomain projects while Amani will be coadvised by Christy Haynes and will work on a collaborative project between the two labs.
- November 13th, 2015 - Congratulations to Keith on acceptance of his J. Med. Chem. review on PrOF NMR!
- October 29th, 2015 - Prof. Pomerantz is interviewed on an ACS Chemical Biology podcast, discussing the lab's recent paper on the discovery of small molecule AU1 for the inhibition of the bromodomain of the protein BPTF. Check out the podcast on the ACS website. Prof. Pomerantz starts around the 5:30 mark.
- Fall 2015 - Welcome to incoming class of chemistry and medicinal chemistry graduate students! For those of you interested in joining the Pomerantz lab, feel free to contact any of us. Group member information can be found following the "Members" link on the side. Group meetings are typically Thursdays, 4 pm, in Kolthoff 283. Contact Prof. Pomerantz for details and/or check out the group meeting schedule.
- Fall 2015 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes several new members to the lab this fall! Welcome to Medicinal Chemistry rotation student Dmitri Konorev, postdoctoral researcher Siva Talluri, undergraduate students Sofia Maltseva, Andrew Koval, and Rachel Staebel, and visiting research student Huarui.
- September 3rd, 2015 - Congratulations to Keith on a successful masters' defense!
- August 14th, 2015 - 4th year graduate student Clifford Gee selected as one of the top three speakers at the 2015 Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology Student Research Symposium. Check out the website for abstracts, pictures, videos, and more!
- July 15th, 2015 - The Pomerantz Lab's Midwest Affiliate Grant through the AHA has been upgraded to a national affiliate award, meaning additional and extended funding for the group!
- July 8th, 2015 - ACS Chem. Biol. paper is accepted. Congratulations to everyone who contributed. Go AU1!
- Summer 2015 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes Emily Sherman, a LANDO Research student visiting from Ithaca College, Anand Divakaran, a rotation student from the Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Alex Ayoub, a Heisig Summer Research fellow , and Amani Lee, a DOVE fellowship recipient. Emily will be working with Steve on a synthetic project, Anand will be working with Neeraj in expressing some new protein constructs, Alex will be working with Laura developing a new biochemical assay for proteins of interest, and Amani will be working on a collaborative project between the Pomerantz and Haynes labs.
- May 6th, 2015 - Collaborative bromodomain project with the Hall lab finally submitted. Fingers crossed for AU1.
- April 2015 - Pomerantz lab receives an American Heart Association grant to study the role of BPTF in cardiovascular disease
- April 28th, 2015 - Congratulations to undergraduate lab member Ed Koleski for receiving the Senior Award from the Department of Chemistry.
- April 27th, 2015 - Congratulations to third year students Andrew Urick and Clifford Gee for both being awarded a GAPSA Scholarly Travel Grant. Andrew will be attending the High Throughput Chemistry & Chemical Biology Gordon Research Conference, and Clifford will be attending the Bioorganic Chemistry Gordon Research Conference.
- March 27th, 2015 - Professor Pomerantz receives a Kimmel Scholar Award from the Sidney Kimmel Foundation for Cancer Research!
- February 23rd 2015 - Congratulations to Steve on passing his oral exam and obtaining Ph.D. Candidate status!
- February 18th 2015 - PrOF NMR gets blogged on Practical Fragments! This blog, which is run by Dan Erlanson and Teddy Zartler, is well regarded in its evaluation of a wide variety of topics as they related to fragment-based drug design.
- January 6th-14th 2015 - The 2nd installment of the Chemical Biology bootcamp has started! Eight students from four different research labs particpated in a 6 day chemical biology laboratory series. Special thanks to TA's Andrew Urick, Dr. Laura Hawk, Clifford Gee, and Steve Kirberger for their helpful assistance
- Jan 5th, 2015 - The Pomerantz Lab is very grateful to the Garber family and relatives for their generous support of our research.
- December 15th, 2014 - 3rd year graduate student Clifford Gee and undergraduate student Ed Koleski's PrOF NMR screening paper is accepted to Angewandte Chemie.
- December 8th, 2014 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes Jenna Fernandez as a new rotation student from the Department of Medicinal Chemistry
- November 21st, 2014 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes Peter Ycas, a new first year chemistry graduate student, to the lab.
- October 7th, 2014 - 3rd year gaduate student Andrew Urick and postdoctoral associate Dr. Neeraj Mishra publish their paper on PrOF NMR for bromodomains. (DOI: 10.1021/cb5007344).
- September 15, 2014 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes Dr. Laura Hawk as a new postdoctoral associate.
- September 8, 2014 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes Evan Alexander as a new rotation student from the Department of Medicinal Chemistry
- Fall 2014 - The Pomerantz lab welcomes new undergraduate students Makenna Habegger who will be working with graduate student Brie Perell on stabilized peptides and Ed Koleski who will be working with graduate student Clifford Gee on developing small molecule ligands for the KIX protein.
- Summer 2014 - Prof. Pomerantz receives the NSF CAREER grant, 3rd year student Andrew Urick is appointed as a trainee under an NIH Biotechnology training grant, 3rd year student Clifford Gee is appointed as a trainee under the NIH Chemical Biology Interface Training grant.
- Spring 2014 - Congratulations to second year students, Andrew Urick, Brie Perell, and Clifford Gee for passing qualifying exams and obtaining Ph.D. candidate status!
- January 27th, 2014 - Pomerantz lab runs the first Chemical Biology Boot Camp, providing new students with the opportunity to learn basic chemical biology lab skills.
- June 22nd, 2013 - The Pomerantz Lab and the Haynes lab participate in a summer outreach event at the West 7th Community Center and demo their new fingerprint detection and DNA isolation experiments as part of the Haynes lab "solar cell heist mystery"
- June 19th, 2013 - The Pomerantz lab runs the first Chemical Biology short course with the Osher Life Long Learning Institute. Great work, Andrew, Drew, and Brie!
- June 13th, Pomerantz Lab receives an American Cancer Society IRG grant
- Newest Acquisition; Bruker TCI CRYO Prodigy Probe for 500 MHz NMR (19F S/N; 2100:1)